Reiki can be used to treat a number of ailments, both physical and emotional. According to its founder, Dr. Mikao Usui, the list of benefits that Reiki offers is comprehensive. Basically, Reiki will benefit you by empowering you whenever you feel weakened or downtrodden. Here is a list of some of the specific benefits Reiki offers
- Treat emotional wounds from earlier in life
- Provide calming energy to someone who may be overwhelmed by stress
- Purify food or drink by blessing them with Reiki energy
- Use in tandem with conventional health practices and medicine
- Improve or amplify spiritual awareness
- Relieve pain caused by disease or injury
- Provide therapeutic relief for someone who may be grieving a loss
- Reiki’s calming effects can reduce our anxieties and panicky behavior.
- It may go to the core of imbalances embedded within our bodies to bring about balance.
- Pain, stresses, and agitations that are associated with long-term suffering can benefit from cumulative Reiki treatments.
- Reiki can be safely used in conjunction with all other conventional health practices.
- Reiki offers the kind of energetic vitality that can spark our innate creativity.
- Reiki’s ability to awaken and sharpen our psychic perceptions heightens awareness of our dreams.
- Blessing our foods and drinks with Reiki before consuming them will vitalize and purify them.
- Reiki’s gentle energies are conducive to comforting anyone who is suffering from grief. It helps the grief process run its course in a calmer or less painful way.
- Reiki tames discord and trouble, bringing harmony to the recipient or situation that is out of sync.
- The swiftness of Reiki’s healing properties has demonstrated that it is an effective first-aid treatment for injuries.
- Reiki will treat emotional wounds and memories that are hurting our inner child.
- Reiki assists us in letting go of the aspects of our lives that negatively impact us.
- The manifesting facets of Reiki help to bring our intentions and goals to fruition.
- Reiki can expedite the body’s natural healing ability reducing the recovery periods that follow surgeries and injuries.
- Reiki’s relaxing energies can induce sleep and relieve insomnia.
- Using Reiki may awaken or improve spiritual awareness.
- Reiki releases toxins. clearing our bodies of impurities and stagnant energies.
- Reiki will penetrate beyond obvious systematic conditions of the body and treat the underlying causes of illness.
- Reiki can help you deal with special situations in your life such as exams, job interviews, divorce, career changes, and family illness.
Most people who wish to become practitioners of Reiki attend classes. Although a lot can be learned from books, there is much to be said for the hands-on approach of in-person instruction. Not only that, there are “attunements”, which are basically Reiki initiations, which one can only receive from a Reiki Master, and not out of the pages of a book or on a website.
Among Reiki practitioners, there are basically two camps: traditional, and non-traditional, and the definitions vary significantly, depending on who you ask. Some feel that anyone who has strayed from the original teachings set forth by Dr. Usui, founder of the Usui system, is considered non-traditional.
What Reiki is not:
- A religion—if you study Reiki, you will not be asked to worship a particular deity, nor will you be asked to give up your present religion. Reiki can work in tandem with your spirituality but does not replace it.
- A substitute for medical care from a physician—if someone has a medical condition that requires treatment, they need to see a doctor. A Reiki practitioner can help with pain management and emotional healing, but should never make a diagnosis.
- Massage therapy—someone looking for therapeutic massage should see a licensed massage therapist.
The International Center for Reiki Healing says, “While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not. Because Reiki comes from God, many people find that using Reiki puts them more in touch with the experience of their religion rather than having only an intellectual concept of it.”