What Is A Pendulum And Its uses
- A weight hung from a fixed point so that it can swing freely backward and forward, especially a rod with a weight at the end that regulates the mechanism of a clock.
- Used to refer to the tendency of a situation to oscillate between one extreme and another “The pendulum of fashion”.
- Pendulum, body suspended from a fixed point so that it can swing back and forth under the influence of gravity.
- A mass suspended from a light string that can oscillate when displaced from its rest position.
- Pendulums are often used as tools for spiritual healing and inner growth.
- An ancient tool for dowsing
- They are used as a form of reflection by asking questions to receive guidance, awareness, and understanding.
Different Types Of Pendulums As Divinity Tool
- Gemstones make great pendulums because they contain the energy of the specific stone of which they are made.
- These energies can cause a pendulum to have a stronger swing, giving you clearer answers to your questions.
- Many people like to use clear quartz pendulums as this crystal is associated with clarity.
- Amethyst pendulums are also a popular choice due to this crystal’s strong spiritual connection.
- If you are looking for a pendulum to help with matters of the heart, then one made from rose quartz could be perfect for you. This stone has wonderful calming properties, too.
- Metal pendulums such as those made from silver, stainless steel, or chrome are also popular.
- Silver and copper are the most energy conductive metals available, which makes them perfect for pendulum readings, as when using a pendulum you will be working a lot with energy.
- Metal pendulums have strong magnetic energies which can generate a good, strong swing, giving you clearer answers.
- Most Metal pendulums are heavier.
- Wooden pendulums can be incredibly beautiful as they are usually hand-carved. However, it is believed that wood does not hold energy as well, making the swing much weaker than that of metal and gemstone pendulums.
- Wooden pendulums are great for chakra clearing because they do not hold the energy.
The Different Shapes Of A Pendulum
Pendulums come in all shapes and sizes.
This makes it difficult to know which one is best. Traditionally, pendulums are shaped in a certain way to help with divination. Most will have a pointed end, as this represents the point where channeling energies are passed from you to the pendulum.
It is highly recommend that you follow your own guidance when it comes to choosing the right one for you. Everybody is different.
Chambered or Caged Pendulums
These pendulums will usually have a lid in which you can insert a piece of paper with thoughts and intentions of the reading, which can help you to stay focused.
You can also fill the chamber of the pendulum with herbs, crystals, oils (soaked up in a tissue), or even something else that you feel connected or close to.
A teardrop pendulum is perfect for the beginner. It is a very basic shape and swings easily with momentum. Shaped like a droplet of water, the narrowest part of the pendulum is at the top and the widest near the bottom.
This pendulum shape is great for healing. It can be used to detect sensitive spots of the body, or to find the origin of an illness. It’s unique shape helps get to corners of your energetic build to find balance, union, and harmony.
Sephoroton style pendulums usually have a gemstone sphere, with a metal tip, and is known to be very precise and accurate due to its high sensitivity to vibrations.
Sephoroton pendulum is highly sensitive to vibrations and their form and symmetry make them one of the most reliable and accurate pendulums so use it for any questions relating to love and money.
Something To Keep In Mind!
No matter what it is made from, its shape, or size, it’s important you trust your instincts when choosing a pendulum. Go with the one that feels right, one that you are drawn to, and instantly feel a connection. You need to feel comfortable and at ease with your pendulum in order to get the best results from your spiritual reading!
When to use a pendulum...
- There are a multitude of methods to dowsing, but most include connection to your pendulum and asking it questions.
- It is said that when working with a pendulum, you are really just asking questions of your higher self or whoever you intend to ask.
- It can be done simply or with great ritual.
- It’s helped me to find objects, make decisions, and, once in a while, help settle an argument.
How To Start Using Your Pendulum
Step one: Center yourself.
- You can do this by conscious slow breathing. Take in the fresh energy and release old energy.
- You can also light candles.
- Turn on some zen, spa, and relaxing music.
- Diffuse essential oils or rub some on your third eye or crown chakra.
- Quiet your mind to connect with clarity to your higher self.
- Hold the pendulum in your hand as you center yourself through conscious breathing.
Step two: Connect to the pendulum.
- Rub the pendulum between your palms.
- Sit with your pendulum.
- Find a comfortable place for you to sit and begin to relax as much and you can.
- Take a look at it.
- Respect it.
- Use the Gassho position putting the pendulum in between your palms as you meditate for your questions.
Step three: Establish a connection & understanding the message.
- You need to learn what your body’s “yes” and “no” responses are in connection to your pendulum.
- To establish this quickly, using your dominant hand, hold the pendulum 6 – 8 inches above the palm of your hand.
- Use the three fingers to hold the top end of your pendulum.
- Pendulums swing in vertical straight lines, horizontal straight lines, and in circular movements, clockwise, counterclockwise, in an elliptical motion, or even in a bobbing movement up and down, which often indicates a strong affirmative action. Or at times it just won’t move.
- Begin to ask simple yes/no questions that you know the answers to and see what the responses are. (Take 5 minutes to get acquainted with your pendulum)
- Assign each directional swing a “response” by first asking the pendulum to show you what certain responses look like.
For example, start off by asking, “What does a NO look like?” and subsequently, “What does a YES look like?” Posing these questions to your pendulum will help define directional swings, which must happen before advancing to more challenging questions.
Cleansing the Pendulum
- Cleansing the pendulum can be done by holding it under running cold tap water
- Soaking it in sea salt
- Setting a mental intention to free it of possible picked up energies
- Play loud music
- Rub it between your palms
- After cleansing the pendulum, carry it around with you to see how it feels.
- If you are attuned to Reiki, you can use reiki to cleanse your pendulum.
I will also provide you some other tools you can use for your pendulum. Subscribe to our site so you can be notified when we post new articles in this site. Thank you
I did a simple YouTube Video on Using a pendulum as a divinity tool, you can watch it on my channel. Thank you for being here. I do hope that this site has been informative and help you advance onto your spiritual journey of healing and enlightenment.